Help for Setting Up Your JioFi 2/3 MiFi Router
Every router has an IP address which is used to access the administrator dashboard which is then used to configure or manage that router. ‘jiofi.local.html‘ is that IP address of all the JioFi Routers.
192.168.1.1 is an alternate IP for ‘jiofi.local.html‘. Soon after the launch of Jio, Reliance Digital came up with a brand new device with the name ‘JIO MIFI.’ This is a portable hotspot device which is used to access high-speed internet by connecting your device to this hotspot device.
Till date, four different versions of JioFi Router have been launched. Namely, they are JioFi 1 Router, JioFi 2 Router, JioFi 3 Router and JioFi 4 Dongle. Let’s take a peek into all the valuable information about the JioFi MiFi portable hotspot device.
How To Use JioFi.Local.Html?
- Launch the browser which you are using and type ‘http://jiofi.local.html/‘ in the search bar.
- Use ‘administrator‘ as the username and the password in the login box which appears.
- Now go to the Setting>>WiFi. Here, you can change the SSID of your JioFi WiFI (WiFi Network Name).
- Navigate to Settings>>WiFi>>Password. Here, you can modify the default password of JioFi (more on this later).
- Navigate to Settings>>User Management. Here, you can alter the admin username used to login into JioFi device settings.
How to Change Password of JioFi Mifi Router from JioFi.Local.Html?
While unboxing your JioFi device, you will find the password for the device in the box. But, you can modify the password of the router using the steps mentioned below.
- Launch any internet browser on the device which is connected to the router and type in the IP address ‘192.168.1.1’ or ‘http://jiofi.local.html’ in the search bar and hit enter.
- You will then spot the ‘Login Button’ on the right corner of your screen, click on it.
- Enter the username and the password as ‘administrator’.
- Once you are logged in, click on the Settings option. Here, on the left sidebar, you will find a Wifi tab. Click on it.
- Now, you can change the broadcasted SSID name, Security Key/Wi-Fi password and change the channel mode.
- Once you are finished with all the modifications, click on Apply button to save the changes made.
Note: Just like how jiofi routers use jiofi.local.html login address, TP-Link’s routers use tplinkwifi.net. To learn more about tplink routers check this page tplinkwifi.net.
Tethering JioFi Hotspot Device To PC.
Using the JIO MiFi router, you can tether the internet to your PC using the MicroSD slot. However, only a single PC can be connected to the JIO MIFI router since there is only one microSD slot accessible in the Jio MIFI router. Once the router is connected to the PC via microSD cable, it will tether the internet to the PC, and the PC charge the router simultaneously. USB tethering can be used simultaneously along with MicroSD slot.
Accessing MicroSD Card Slot Of JioFi Router From Admin Dashboard
1. Before using the microSD slot, you need to insert a microSD card in the JioFi router.
2. Then, you need to allow the storage account and set a username and password.
3. Now, you can access the files stored on the SD card using any device connected to the JioFi Hotspot using WiFi.
4. Enter ‘http://jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html’ on any internet browser to access your data on the SD card.
5. Then, click on WiFI disk button and insert the username and password in the following screen.
6. That’s it! You can now reach the files saved on the SD card. You can also upload/download/delete the files on the SD card.
JioFi MiFi portable hotspot device is definitely the best option for those who wish to have a high-speed internet connectivity along with multiple connections on different devices. The methods mentioned above are all you need to know before you get a JioFi MiFi portable hotspot device for yourself. If we have goofed up on any such necessary information then, please let us know in the comments section.