Mediacom Routers are very renowned for companies and for individual usage. using the Mediacom Home Network Manager, users can handle their routers. One of the biggest problems that are faced by most users is that the default login procedure for Mediacom router.
Issues are faced by many users while logging into their Mediacom router. In the following article, we will talk about into some Mediacom router.
You may also visit our official site for more guides and tutorials.
How to login to a Mediacom router?
Follow the steps below to login into some Mediacom router.
- Start your apparatus. After that, start your browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
- Once you have opened your browser, left-click on the address bar and then type the default IP address for Mediacom router.
The default IP address for Mediacom router is 192.168.0.1 or you may utilize https://homewifi.mediacomcable.com
- Then, you’ll be prompt to the login page. Here, you will be asked for the password and username of your Mediacom router.
If You’re unfamiliar with your own username and password then you can use the default login credentials which are given below:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Afterward, you’ll be redirected to the settings dash of your Mediacom router. In the event, if you lost your password then click on the forgot Your Passphrase’ choice then enter the email ID which you used while establishing your accounts. Once you have completed the verification measures then it is easy to log in to your routers settings dashboard.
Changing Default Username and Password for Mediacom router?
You need to take some security measures which include changing the default password and username after you have successfully logged in to your router then.
If you change the default credentials of your router then you can make it even more secure. To be able to login into your Mediacom router, follow the steps below.
- First of all, login to your router by following the actions mentioned previously.
- After obtaining the basic homepage hunt to your “My Wireless Network”. It’ll be found on the left side of your display.
- Select the WiFi option. After that, you will see that the SSID (Service Set Identifier) and passphrase option on the right side.
- As soon as you’ve done making modifications with your system then tap on the apply button to save the changes.
How to reset a Mediacom router?
If you’re facing issues with your Mediacom router or if your router is not functioning properly it can be reset by you by trying a soft reset or a hard reset.
While doing a soft reset your router will reboot but it will not alter any of your router configurations i.e. the network name, password (security key) and other modifications will stay the same. To be able to do a soft reset, follow the steps below:
- Remove the power cable of your own router and make it simmer for nearly 1 minute.
- After one minute, plug the power cable back into your router.
- It will reboot today. This procedure may take up to 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the reboot is completed then try surfing the web again and check whether the problem is solved or not.
If in the event the soft reset does not work for you then this (hard reset) is the only option left for you. Keep in mind that, performing a hard reset may wipe out all of your preferences (network name, password, along with other alterations ).
Hard reset solves those issues that a soft reset can not. Follow the steps below to do a 30 30 30 hard reset.
- First of all, eliminate the coaxial cable from the rear facet of your router.
- Press and hold the reset button for over 15 — 30 minutes. You are able to use a pen or a paperclip for this purpose.
- After some time that the LED lights of your Mediacom router begins blinking. Now attach the coaxial cable and wait patiently until the reset is finished.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is my Mediacom ID?
Answer: Your Mediacom ID stands for the email address and password that is related to your Mediacom account. Your billing ID is the username and password that you accessing the MediacomConnect Mobile maintenance app and have made to sign up for online bill payments.
Question: Can I set up Mediacom Internet myself?
Answer: Yes, it is possible to put in a Mediacom Internet modem inside one hour. So as to install Mediacom Internet Service selecting up an installment kit and adding modem service to your account are required in advance.
Question: How do I activate my internet modem?
-Connect the coaxial cable to the modem by using the wall jack.
-Connect the ethernet cable to your PC.
-Plugin and flip all the kinds of equipment on.
-When most of the modem lights are turned on then it means that you have successfully set up your internet modem.
Did you find this article useful? We appreciate your feedback so drop us a comment and let us know what can you say.